Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shadow People

Shadow people are human-like shapes that some have witnessed while in a sleep like state.

I had the occurrence once in college, while sleeping in my bunk opened my eyes to see exactly what the internet describes.

A black shadowy figure with red eyes standing next to my bed. I was paralyzed with fear, because my mind was not all there.

This has been attributed to hypnagogia before, where it is called wakeful sleep. This is the threshold of sleep and consciousness. I was at that point when my roommate walked in the room. Strange part is he was at the door while this was all happening, and when he turned on the light, I awakened to him entering. He said, "Man you okay? You look like you have seen a ghost or something."

Whether this was just my mind playing hallucinogenic tricks on me or something was actually watching me, nobody can really tell. It was pretty freaky though.

No comments:

Post a Comment